Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

As I sit here and type this the rain is pouring outside and it is quite a fitting way to begin the New Year, washing away the old and bringing in the new. In so many ways I am glad to see 2008 go, it was a year filled with many ups and downs.

Here are some of the highs and lows:
I lost my job, but that allowed me to be able to stay home for H's first year of life and D's second year.

We lost our home, the first home we ever bought but that ended up in finding a much better area to live in.

We are renting again but that will allow us to save some money and the next home we buy will be the forever home we plan to stay in a long, long time.

We had some very close and scary calls with our finances but with those out of the way we should be able to start making more and putting it away again.

+++
We had our best friends over to celebrate New Year's and that was wonderful, kids running around, the adults still able to have fun, BBQ, listen to music, drink some beers. The only thing we didn't get to do was talk about our hopes for the year 2009 so I am going to finish this quick post with those.

In 2009 I will still be home with the boys. D will turn 3 and H will turn 2 so one of my goals for the year will be to be a more patient mother. I would also like to meet some other families up here so they can have some more little friends.
I would like to find a hobby for myself although I am usually pretty content to stay home, drinking tea, reading and writing or watching movies.
I also would like to take better care of the things I eat and drink so I can be as healthy as I can be, hopefully this will include H sleeping on his own so I can start getting some sleep.

2009 is a year filled with a hope, a year in which things will get a lot better for a lot of people. Whatever happens it will be amazing and I will do all in my power to stop and notice the little things. Living up here in the mountains has really helped with that and so I think this will be a wonderful year for us, I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment