Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Spaghetti Hands


I feel good. I love my beer so much that I forget sometimes beer can be a downer, today we ran out of beer and that was quite a feat since we had a lot, but I feel peacefully happy tonight and that may be one of the reasons why.

Also, I had a stroke of brilliance and solved the bed problem by taking an exacto knife to the sides of a useless playpen we would have thrown out in the move. I threw some cozy blankets in there, a lot of pillows and cut two of the sides out so they could crawl in and out and both boys were fighting over who got it. Dustin won by falling asleep in it at 5 pm.

I fixed H his favorite meal, spaghetti with marinara, grated cheese on top and some garlic bread and a big bottle of milk. That is the kind of meal that really satisfies you and with a full belly I hope he sleeps better. I guess I always kind of like this time of night. Dustin is usually an early sleeper and when he is down he is down, so it ends up being nice and quiet, fixing dinner, making a pot of nursing tea (when I am fortunate enough to have not run out like tonight), waiting for E to get home, and watching some tv or reading blogs. I also get to clean and it generally stays that way, thank heavens for small favors.

All in all a pretty uneventful day, scratch that, no day with the boys is ever entirely uneventful but for now I close this post with a picture from last night that sums up the feel of our house right now.

Oh, and if anyone ever actually finds my blog and reads all these posts I swear life isn't always sunshine and rainbows, H is cruising towards 2 and I am sure there will be many profanity laced blogs and margarita evenings to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment